Some special telephone numbers

textphone service
999 or 112 18000 Use for emergencies. Use these numbers if, for example, a crime is happening right now, or someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property. You should also use them if there is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users, a suspect for a serious crime is nearby, or if you see electricity lines that are down or causing significant risk to the public.
101 18001 101 Use to contact the police if the matter is non-urgent. Alternatively, use one of the the links listed below, under the heading 'Police'
105 or 0800 3163 105   Use to report power cuts and damage to the electricity network. For the latest updates or to report a fault online, visit and type in your postcode.
111 18001 111 NHS 111 – for urgent medical concerns. NHS 111 is much more than a helpline – if you're worried about an urgent medical concern, you can call 111 to speak to a fully trained adviser. Depending on the situation, the NHS 111 team can connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or even a GP, and can arrange face-to-face appointments if they think you need one. NHS 111 advisers can also assess if you need an ambulance and send one immediately if necessary.

Back to main links page